The step in dog harness is a great alternative to the dog collar and they work great for any size dog, even the small breeds. More and more dog owners are turning to the harness instead of the collar because of all the benefits they offer. A harness works great for small breeds that tend to pull back on the leash or when you’re training a dog to walk calmly by your side.
They provide you with more control over the pet without putting unnecessary strain on his body. This is due to the design that wraps around the dog’s belly and then a buckle or clasp secures it in place. Designers created the basic design of the harness with the comfort of your pet in mind and the fact that they give you more control makes them even more popular.
Here are some of the benefits associated with the step in dog harness:
· They’re easy to put on your pup especially if he is well behaved. Lay the harness flat on the ground, have him step over it and pull the harness up and over his back, then secure.
· There are many styles and colors from which to choose. This makes it easy for you to find something that suits your dog’s style and personality perfectly. You can buy matching leashes and walk your dog in style.
· Due to the unique design, your pet will not be able to slip out of the harness so you never have to worry about her getting loose and running off when walking or playing in the park.
· You can use them to train your pet and teach him how to obey your commands when walking without causing any damage to his neck or spine.
· They can help pets recover from certain types of injuries faster by allowing you to support her weight when walking or going up stairs without making the condition worse.
· Harnesses have adjustable straps that will fit the contour of the dog’s body.
You can easily attach leashes and leads to a step in dog harness and you can attach the seatbelt to many styles to secure the pet in a vehicle. This keeps them safer and it can ease your mind when taking them on vacations or just for a short drive.
With all of the benefits of a step in dog harness, it’s easy to see why so many dog owners are adding them to their collection of dog accessories.